Are you looking for a delicious and nutritious alternative to regular soy milk? Look no further! This black sesame soy milk recipe is not only packed with flavor but also offers numerous health benefits. Whether you're lactose intolerant, vegan, or simply want to try something new, this recipe is perfect for you.
- 1 cup black sesame seeds
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sweetener of your choice (honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar)
- Pinch of salt
- Toast the black sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until fragrant. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Transfer the toasted sesame seeds to a blender or food processor and blend until finely ground.
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
- Add the ground sesame seeds to the boiling water and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth into a clean container. Press on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Add your preferred sweetener and a pinch of salt to the strained sesame milk. Stir well to combine.
- Refrigerate the black sesame soy milk for at least 2 hours before serving.
Enjoy your homemade black sesame soy milk as a refreshing beverage, or use it as a base for smoothies, lattes, or desserts. The possibilities are endless!
< Read the Previous Blog (Black Sesame Soy Milk Benefits)
Read the Next Blog (How To Make Black Sesame Soy Milk) >