If you're looking for a healthy and delicious soup to warm you up on a chilly day, look no further than bitter melon soup. This traditional recipe is not only packed with flavor, but it also offers numerous health benefits. Bitter melon, also known as bitter gourd or karela, is a tropical fruit that is commonly used in Asian cuisine for its unique bitter taste.
- 1 bitter melon
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced pork
- 1 cup sliced tofu
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by preparing the bitter melon. Cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and pith with a spoon. Slice the melon into thin half-moons.
- In a pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add the sliced pork and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the bitter melon slices and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Next, add the sliced tofu, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic, and grated ginger. Stir well to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for 10-15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Taste the soup and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
This traditional bitter melon soup is not only delicious but also incredibly nutritious. Bitter melon is known for its potential health benefits, including blood sugar regulation, improved digestion, and immune system support. So why not give this recipe a try and experience the unique flavors and benefits of bitter melon soup?
< Read the Previous Blog (How To Make Bitter Melon Soup)
Read the Next Blog (Health Benefits Of Bitter Melon Soup) >