Are you looking for a delicious and nutritious alternative to regular milk? Look no further than black sesame milk! This creamy and flavorful beverage is not only easy to make but also packed with health benefits. In this blog post, we will share with you a simple yet delicious recipe for black sesame milk.
- 1 cup black sesame seeds
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons honey or sweetener of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Toast the black sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until fragrant. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Transfer the toasted sesame seeds to a blender or food processor and blend until finely ground.
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the ground sesame seeds and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth into a clean container. Press on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Add honey or sweetener of your choice and vanilla extract (if using) to the strained milk. Stir well to combine.
- Refrigerate the black sesame milk for at least 2 hours or until chilled.
- Before serving, give the milk a good stir as it may separate during refrigeration.
- Pour the black sesame milk into glasses and enjoy!
Health Benefits of Black Sesame Milk:
Black sesame seeds are a nutritional powerhouse. They are rich in healthy fats, protein, fiber, and essential minerals like calcium, iron, and magnesium. Here are some of the health benefits of black sesame milk:
- Good for bone health: Black sesame seeds are an excellent source of calcium, which is essential for maintaining strong and healthy bones.
- Rich in antioxidants: Black sesame seeds are packed with antioxidants that help protect the body against oxidative stress and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Supports heart health: The healthy fats present in black sesame seeds can help lower bad cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Boosts digestion: Black sesame seeds are a good source of dietary fiber, which aids in digestion and promotes a healthy gut.
- Provides energy: The protein and healthy fats in black sesame seeds provide a sustained release of energy, making black sesame milk a great option for a pre or post-workout drink.
So, why not give this delicious and nutritious black sesame milk recipe a try? It's a simple and healthy alternative to regular milk that you can enjoy any time of the day!
< Read the Previous Blog (Black Sesame Milk Benefits)
Read the Next Blog (How To Make Black Sesame Milk) >