Are you looking for a delightful and tangy dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth? Look no further than this Orange Passion Fruit Tart! Made with the perfect combination of juicy oranges and tropical passion fruit, this tart is a burst of flavors that will leave you craving for more.
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons of ice water
- 3-4 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 passion fruits, pulp scooped out
- ¼ cup of orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar, for dusting
- In a food processor, combine the flour, butter, and sugar. Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and ice water. Pulse again until the dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead it gently until smooth. Shape it into a disk, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Roll out the chilled dough on a floured surface to fit a tart pan. Press the dough into the pan and trim any excess.
- Prick the bottom of the dough with a fork and bake it for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let it cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, heat the orange marmalade over low heat until melted. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Spread the melted marmalade over the cooled tart shell.
- Arrange the orange segments and passion fruit pulp on top of the marmalade.
- Refrigerate the tart for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld.
- Before serving, dust the tart with powdered sugar for an elegant touch.
This Orange Passion Fruit Tart is not only visually stunning but also incredibly delicious. The combination of sweet oranges, tangy passion fruit, and buttery crust creates a perfect balance of flavors. It's a dessert that will impress your guests and leave them wanting more.
So, why wait? Try this Orange Passion Fruit Tart recipe today and indulge in a slice of tropical heaven!
< Read the Previous Blog (Delicious Orange Passion Fruit Cake Recipe)
Read the Next Blog (Delicious Orange Passion Fruit Salad Recipe) >